Aims of the NCHP
The National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy was founded in 1977 and is externally accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy, the European Association for Psychotherapy and the European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy
Our Principal isÂ Shaun Brookhouse MA, PgCert(ClinSup), CertEd, ADHP(NC),Â ECP, ECCH,Â FNSHP(Hon), UKCP(H)
Courses are held at venues inÂ London, Oxford, Linlithgow, Leicester, and ManchesterÂ at the time of writing. These and other venues are also used for Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Information included in this prospectus is applicable fromÂ August 2013, until superseded. The prospectus is designed to give YOU all the information that you need in order to determine whether the NCHP route is right for you. If you need further information or would like to talk to us, please feel free to email or phone.
Hypno-psychotherapy can be a wonderful career in a world where there is ever increasing pressure on people, coupled with a reluctance to find quick fixes in the form of pills. So many people suffer from a huge range of conditions that you will be able to work with: this training is designed to enable you to work effectively with your clients and as a consequence find fulfilment in your professional life!
The Aims of the National College
- To enrol mature, motivated individuals as student members of the National College
of Â Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (NCHP) so that after a thorough training they will be
able to enhance the profession of hypno-psychotherapy.
- To impart to student members a sound and thorough knowledge of hypnosis and to
train them in methods of inducing and managing the hypnotic state.
- To give student members who wish to establish a successful practice a sound and
thorough knowledge of hypno-psychotherapy, and other branches of psychotherapy.
- To provide a programme of Continuing Professional Development whereby
established practitioners can keep abreast of the latest techniques and
developments within their own area of specialisation, and in related spheres of
- To provide an opportunity for trained and competent students to become members
of a professional association comprising only those practitioners who have achieved
a similar standard.
Accreditations and Affiliations
The National College is externally accredited by the following institutions, and only after rigorous on site inspection:
The UK Council for Psychotherapy
The European for Psychotherapy
The European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy
The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The NCHP is a recognised training faculty for the British Register of Complementary
Practitioners (Hypnotherapy), which was established by the Institute forÂ Complementary
Medicine, London, at our initiative.
The NCHP is an approved training organisation for:
Holistic Resources and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) Network
Complementary Health Trust (CHT), formerly Immune Development Trust (IDT)
Since 1997, NCHP training has had Open University specific credit rating at
Stages 1,2 and 3: The ratings areÂ awarded at Level 2 and Post Graduate.
We are the FIRST hypnosis institute to hold this rating and currently hold the HIGHEST levels awarded to any hypnosis institute.
For more information on accreditations clickÂ here
- 1. NCHP Personnel
- 2. Aims of the NCHP
- 3. Foreword and General Philosophy of the NCHP
- 4. Course Structure
- 5. Course Overview
- 6. Stage 1
- 7. Stage 2
- 8. Stage 3
- 9. Stage 4 & Further Training
- 10. Entry Requirements
- 11. College - Student Relations
- 12. NCHP Structure and External Accreditation
- 13. Professional Recognition
- 14. Teaching Staff
- 15. Code of Ethics and Practice
- 16. Questions about Study Answered
- 17. Course Schedule and Fees
- 18. Guide to Enrolling
- 19. Student Application Form
- 20. Course Enrolment Form
- 21. Equality and Diversity Policy
- 22. Appeals Policy
- 23. Learning and Teaching Policy
- 24. Code of ethics for trainers
- 25. Complaints procedure